- Melbourne, Australia (April 2016) – The International Hip Dysplasia Institute (IHDI) has acknowledged the ergoPouch range of fashion forward, high quality baby swaddles, sleeping bags and sleep suits as "hip-healthy" products. The acknowledgement comes as a coup for the Australian owned company that puts the health and comfort of infants and children at the forefront of each of their product designs.
- The International Hip Dysplasia Institute (IHDI), a not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving the health and quality of life of those afflicted with hip dysplasia, has described the ergoPouch range as “hip healthy” and praised the company for its commitment to developing products that consider the importance of healthy hip development during infancy.
- “We know that hip health is especially important during the early stages of hip development in the first few months after birth so we’ve gone to great lengths to design baby sleep products that promote healthy hip development right from the outset”, said ergoPouch founder, Alina Sack.
- “Baby’s health and comfort is at the forefront of every ergoPouch design and we’re thrilled to be recognized for our products which promote healthy hip development during infancy by an organization of this calibre”, she continued.
- ergoPouch products are ergonomically designed with a bell-shaped bottom section which provides extra legroom and are made from stretchy organic cotton or bamboo to allow babies to move their legs comfortably and adopt the 'frog-leg' position.
The Swaddle to Sleeping Bag can be used with arms in or out, using poppers in the armholes for transition.
Legs can move freely inside the ergoPouch Swaddle to Sleeping Bag.
- ergoPouch products feature a unique design which promotes healthy hip development and helps to avoid hip dysplasia. At the same time, the ergoPouch range of swaddles are also perfect for young babies who have hip dysplasia as a brace can fit comfortably inside the ergoCocoon, while still keeping little arms securely swaddled.
- For new parents, a baby with poor sleeping habits can be quite distressing. Swaddling has been widely advocated by leading physicians including Leo Donnan, Orthopaedic Surgeon and Chief of Surgery at the Royal Children’s Hospital in Melbourne, as an effective way of settling a restless infant, but it’s important to ensure the baby’s hips are in the correct position when doing so. If not performed in a safe fashion, tight swaddling can negatively affect the development of a baby’s hips, even to the point of dislocation.
- Recent studies show that, when swaddling a baby, it’s important to leave enough room for their legs to move freely, making the ergoPouch range of swaddles the perfect choice for new parents. ergoPouch products including the ergoCocoon and the Swaddle to Sleeping Bag create a swaddled position that keep baby’s arms snuggly and secure whilst still allowing the legs to move freely.